SPORTS RADIO 66 & 101.9 WFAN AND MARS CHOCOLATE NORTH AMERICA, LLC SUPER BOWL XLVIII TRIVIA CONTEST
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. The Sports Radio 66AM & 101.9FM WFAN and Mars Chocolate North America, LLC® Super Bowl XLVIII Trivia Contest (the “Contest” or “Promotion”) is open to individual legal residents of CT, MA, NJ, NY, PA, and RI and who are 21 years of age or older at the time of entry.
2. Contest begins January 27, 2014 and ends Friday, January 31, 2014 (the “Contest Dates”). Written copies of the Contest rules are available during regular business hours at WFAN, 345 Hudson Street, 10th, Floor, New York, New York 10014 or by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Sports Radio 66 & 101.9 WFAN and Mars Chocolate North America, LLC Super Bowl XLVIII Trivia Contest Official Rules, WFAN, 345 Hudson Street, 10th Floor, New York, New York 10014. Requests must be received by January 31, 2014.
3. To enter, listen to Sports Radio 66AM & 101.9FM WFAN (the “Station”) between the hours of 1:00 p.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) and 6:30 p.m. ET weekdays during the Contest Dates for the “Super Bowl XLVIII Trivia” cue to call announcement (“Cue-to-call”). The Station will designate a phone number for listeners to call for the specified Cue-to-call. This number can be the listener line at 1-877-337-6666, the contest line at 1-866-540-9326, or any other number designated by the Station. To be eligible, participants must call the designated contest phone number. Upon hearing the Cue-to-call, the designated number caller (as announced by the on-air personality prior to the Cue-to-call) to get through to the designated Station contest line will be given a chance to win a prize upon confirmation of eligibility. To the best of the Station’s ability, calls will be taken in the order in which they are received. At the time of their call, callers will be required to provide all information requested including their full name, complete address (including zip code), day and evening phone numbers and date of birth in order to be eligible to win. In the event that the selected caller is disconnected or is found to be ineligible, the next eligible caller that successfully makes it through on the Station’s call-in line and completes their call will be given a chance to win a prize. There is no limit to the number of times a listener may attempt to call in to win, but a listener may be a winner only once. There will be up to a total of five (5) winners selected on-air during the Contest Dates (see below for details on how to play). None of the Released Parties nor any of their respective agencies are responsible for interrupted, malfunctioned, lost, late, incomplete, or misdirected calls.
4. The Station, its licensee, Mars Chocolate North America, LLC, and the NFL Entities (as defined below), their respective parent, subsidiary, and affiliated entities and their respective agencies are not responsible for telephone service outages, delays, busy signals, equipment malfunctions and any other technological difficulties that may prevent an individual from completing his/her telephone call, including, but not limited to, cellular telephone failure, poor signal or signal interference, accidental disconnection, service outages, or any other technical problems. For those listening to the WFAN stream on the internet or via a mobile app: please be advised that you may be listening to a delayed stream of the radio signal, which may vary depending on your computer’s memory capacity and your internet connection. For that reason, we strongly recommend that you turn on your radio to the Station to participate in this or any other call-in contest to be sure you are participating in “real time”. The Released Parties assume no responsibility for contestants not making timely phone calls to the Station as a result of the delays in the internet stream. If for any reason this Contest cannot be executed as planned, including, but not limited to, as a result of infection by computer virus, tempering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Station that corrupt to affect the security, administration, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, or if the Contest is compromised or becomes technically corrupted in any way, electronically or otherwise, the Station reserves the right to cancel, terminate, suspend, or modify the Contest.
5. During the Contest Dates, each eligible caller will be required to correctly answer, in the time allowed, four (4) football trivia questions of varying difficulty, which will be asked by Mike Francesa (or the substitute host(s) if Francesa is unavailable). Each question may be asked in one of three ways: Participants may be asked to (1) Identify an audio clip; (2) Provide a correct answer to a trivia question; or (3) Provide a correct question to an answer. Francesa (or the substitute host(s) if Francesa is unavailable) is the final judge of whether or not an answer is correct. For each cue to call announcement, the first eligible participant who answers all four (4) questions correctly in the time allowed will be deemed a Winner and will be awarded a prize upon verification of eligibility (up to a total of five (5) winners will be determined, with up to one (1) winner each day during the Contest Dates). If for any reason a winner is not determined on any single day, the Station reserves the right to select two (2) potential prize winners on another date of the Contest Dates. Odds of being selected depend upon the order and number of calls received. Winners will be notified on-air at the time of their call by the Station. Winner will be required to complete, sign, have notarized, and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability and publicity release within three (3) days of prize notification. In the event of noncompliance within any of these time periods, prize will be forfeited with no alternate winner selected. Any prize notification or prize returned to the sponsor or its agencies as undeliverable will result in disqualification and forfeiture of the prize. Prize is non-transferable and no substitutions allowed but sponsors reserve the right to substitute prize with prize of equal or greater value. In the event the Station is prevented from continuing with the Contest or if the integrity and/or feasibility of the Contest are severely undermined by any event beyond the Station’s control, the Station shall have the right, in its sole discretion, to abbreviate, modify, suspend, cancel or terminate the Contest without any further obligation. If the Station, in its discretion, elects to abbreviate the Contest as a result of a Force Majeure event, the Station reserves the right, but not the obligation, to award the prize(s) from among all valid and eligible entries received up to the time of such Force Majeure event. Limit one (1) prize per person and limit one (1) prize per household.
6. Employees (including immediate family members and members of the same household) of the Station, its licensee, the licensee’s parent, subsidiary and affiliated entities, Station’s advertising and promotional agencies, Mars Chocolate North America, LLC, their affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, wholesalers and individual retail licensees and the NFL Entities (as defined below) are ineligible to participate to win. Employees of radio stations in the tri-state NY, NJ and CT area and members of their immediate families and those living in the same household of each (whether related or not) are ineligible to participate to win. Winners and/or guests of any Station-conducted big game/Super Bowl trip since 2008 and members of their immediate families are ineligible to participate to win. Any person having attended a Station-sponsored big game trip previously, either as a winner or guest of a winner since 2008, is ineligible. Entrants are eligible to win a prize valued at $600.00 or more in a promotion or Contest conducted by the Station only once every six (6) months. This Contest is void where prohibited by law and subject to federal, state and local regulations. Taxes on prizes, if any, are the responsibility of the individual winner. Entrants are required to provide truthful information and the Station will reject and delete any entry that it discovers to be false or fraudulent. The Station will disqualify any entrant who does not meet the eligibility requirements and will also delete any entry as required by law.
7. Participation in the Promotion and/or acceptance of the prize (s) constitutes entrant’s and/or winner’s (and guest’s, if applicable) permission for the Station or its agents to interview the winner(s) (or guest(s), if applicable), to photograph, film, and record each winner (or guest, if applicable), and to use in commerce and in any media now or hereafter known throughout the world in perpetuity, his/her name, prize won, hometown (city and state), biographic information, likeness, photograph, audio or video recording, and/or any statements made by him/her regarding the Station, the Promotion, and/or its sponsor(s) for purposes of trade, publicity, or promotion without notice or additional compensation, notification, or permission, except where prohibited by law. Each winner (and guest, if applicable) agrees to sign a publicity release confirming such consent prior to acceptance of the prize, except where prohibited by law.
8. Participation in the Promotion and/or acceptance of prize constitutes entrant’s and/or winner’s (and guest’s, if applicable) agreement to release, discharge, and hold harmless Mars Chocolate North America, LLC, and the NFL Entities (as defined below), the Station, its licensee, and each of their respective parent, subsidiary and affiliated entities, their advertising and promotional agencies, prize suppliers, and participating sponsors, and their respective officers, shareholders, directors, employees, agents and representatives and all of their successors and assigns (collectively, “Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims or liability arising directly or indirectly from the prize and participation in the Promotion, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, which may occur in connection with, preparation for, travel to, or participation in Promotion, or delivery, possession, acceptance and/or use or misuse of prize or participation in any Promotion-related activity, including but not limited to any claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy.
9. Five (5) Prizes: Each Prize is: Two (2) tickets to the Super Bowl XLVIII Game (“Game”) scheduled to take place at Met Life Stadium in East Rutherford, New Jersey on Sunday February 2, 2014 (Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $1,600.00 per Prize.) Total ARV of all Prizes: $8,000.00. The Game is scheduled to take place in East Rutherford, New Jersey on February 2, 2014. Game date and seating assignments at the Game are subject to availability and change at the sole discretion of the Station or its designee. Tickets valid only on the date(s) printed on the tickets. Tickets are not refundable or transferable, and may not be substituted or exchanged for cash or credit at any time. Lost or stolen tickets will not be replaced. Tickets may not be sold to a third party. If a prize-related event is unable to take place as scheduled, for reasons such as cancellation, preemption, postponement or unavailability, including for weather, or for any reason beyond the control of the Released Parties, their sole responsibility to the winner will be to award the remaining available elements of the prize and no substitution or compensation will be provided for the unawarded elements of the prize. Released Parties are not liable for any missed prize events or opportunities or expenses incurred for any reason. If winner cannot accept prize as specified, prize will be forfeited. All other costs not specifically stated herein, including but not limited to those of, taxes, meals, tips and ground transportation to/from Met Life Stadium, are the responsibility of the winner.
10. After all required paperwork is completed and received by the Station, Prize winners will work with WFAN Radio to receive tickets. All tickets may be picked up at the Station’s studios located at 345 Hudson Street, 10th Floor, New York, New York 10014. Each Prize winner will forfeit any Prize not claimed within three (3) days of winning. In the event that a Prize or prize certificate is mailed to the winner, it will be with the prior written consent of the winner and therefore, winner assumes the risk of its loss. The Station is not responsible for the safe arrival of a prize or prize certificate.
11. Payments of all federal, state and local taxes are solely the responsibility of the winner. The winner will be required to complete and submit an IRS Form W-9 with the winner’s full Social Security Number or the equivalent for receipt of any prize and will be required to complete and submit an IRS form W-9 with the winner’s full social security number or the equivalent for receipt of any prize valued at $600 or more or for any prizes awarded by the station (or any other CBS Radio station in station’s market) in a calendar year with an aggregate value of $600 or more. Failure to submit a complete W-9 or equivalent will result in forfeiture of the prize. Such winnings of $600 or more will be reported to the IRS.
12. If for any reason this Promotion cannot be executed as planned, including but not limited to, as a result of infection by computer virus, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Released Parties that corrupt or affect the security, administration, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Promotion, or if the Promotion is compromised or becomes technically corrupted in any way, electronically or otherwise, the Station reserves the right to cancel, terminate, suspend, and/or modify the Promotion. If the Promotion is terminated before the original end date, the Station reserves the right, in its sole discretion to, to modify the procedure for selecting winners, unless the nature of the event giving rise to such termination renders it impossible to select winner(s).
13. The Released Parties are not responsible for (i) typographical or other errors in the printing, the offering, or the administration of the Promotion or in the announcement of a prize; (ii) incorrect or inaccurate entry information, human error, failure, or omission; (iii) unauthorized human intervention; (iv) lost, stolen, mangled, misdirected, postage due, illegible, incomplete, or late entries; (v) entries not received due to difficulty accessing the internet, service outage or delays, computer difficulties and other technological problems or for telephone service outages, delays, busy signals, poor signals or signal interference, accidental disconnection, equipment malfunctions, and any other technological failures of any kind; or (vi) any cancellations, delays, diversions, or substitutions or omissions whatsoever by any transportation providers or any other persons or entities providing any services to winner(s) (and guest(s), if applicable) including any results thereof such as changes in services or location necessitated by same. Further, the Released Parties are not responsible if any part of a Promotion prize that cannot be awarded due to acts of God, acts of war, natural disasters, weather, acts of terrorism, or other factors beyond the Released Parties’ control.
14. The use of any device to automate entry is prohibited and will result in disqualification. The Promotion administrator’s computer or telephone system is the official time keeping device for this Promotion. The Station, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Station’s website. Failure to comply with the rules of the Promotion may result in an entrant’s disqualification and/or forfeiture of any prize or prizes. If the Station makes a good faith determination that an entrant has cheated or committed fraudulent activity in connection with a Promotion, the Station reserves the right to disqualify that entrant from entering and/or winning this and future Station-administered Promotions and to prosecute and seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
15. If due to circumstances beyond the control of the Released Parties, any competition or prize-related event or travel is delayed, rescheduled, postponed or cancelled, the Station reserves the right, but not the obligation, to cancel, terminate, suspend, or modify the Promotion and shall not be required to award a substitute prize.
16. Except where prohibited, by entering the Promotion, each entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion or any Prize (s) shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by state or federal courts situated in New York, NY; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event shall such costs include attorneys’ fees; and (3) no punitive, incidental, special, consequential or other damages, including, without limitation, lost profits may be awarded (collectively, “Special Damages”). Further, by entering the Promotion, each entrant waives all rights to claim Special Damages and all rights to have such damages multiplied or increased. New York law governs the interpretation and construction of these Official Rules and all aspects related thereto.
17. For a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed stamped envelope for receipt by January 31, 2014 to “Sports Radio 66 & 101.9 WFAN and Mars Chocolate North America, LLC Super Bowl XLVIII Trivia Contest – Official Rules” ATTN: Promotions, WFAN, 345 Hudson Street, 10th Floor, New York, New York 10014. For the name of the winners, available once confirmed, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope by February 28, 2014 to: Sports Radio 66 & 101.9 WFAN and Mars Chocolate North America, LLC Super Bowl XLVIII Trivia Contest Winners’ List, WFAN, 345 Hudson Street, 10th Floor, New York, New York 10014. Sponsor: Sports Radio 66 & 101.9 WFAN, 345 Hudson Street, 10th Floor, New York, New York 10014.
Mars Chocolate North America, LLC is not a sponsor of this Contest.
The National Football League, its member professional football clubs, NFL Ventures, Inc., NFL Properties LLC, NFL Enterprises LLC, NFL Productions LLC and NFL International LLC and each of their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, shareholders, officers, directors, agents, representatives and employees (collectively, the “NFL Entities”) will have no liability or responsibility for any claim arising in connection with participation in this promotion or any prize awarded. The NFL Entities have not offered or sponsored this promotion in any way.
© 2014 NFL Properties LLC. All NFL-related trademarks are trademarks of the National Football League.
Filed under: WFAN Contests & Promotions