Electric vehicles are often touted as a more environmentally friendly than cars powered by gasoline. But all that electricity has to be produced somewhere, so it got us to wondering if EVs really are better for our planet than traditional vehicles. To find out, as part of our regular One Big Question series (OBQ), we put the question to John B. Heywood, Sun Jae Professor of Mechanical Engineering at MIT.
- One Big Question: Will kids being born today need to learn how to drive?
- One Big Question: What will dating be like in 20 years?
- One Big Question: What goes into making a color-changing tank?
- One Big Question: How close are we to a cancer vaccine?
- One Big Question: Do you really have to drain your battery periodically to keep it conditioned?
- One Big Question: Will virtual reality kill off TV the way music streaming did CDs?
All images and written content is property of the listed RSS FEED if you would like more on this story and images please click the listed feed. http://feeds.feedblitz.com/Gizmag